Marion County Housing Authority
For the communities of Marion County, outside the urban growth boundary of Salem and Keizer.
Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Wait List
to Open March 9 – March 19, 2015
Marion County Housing Authority is opening a new waitlist for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program. Persons wishing to apply are required to use the online application portal.
The head of household must be 18 years or older (or an emancipated minor) at the time they receive a voucher.
Wait List information:
- Registration will be open from March 9, 2015 through March 19, 2015. Please note: A link to our online-only registration form will not be made available on this page until the registration period officially opens.
- Priority is given to MCHA preferences, which include:
- Residency: Live, Work or Hired to Work in the Marion County Housing Authority’s Jurisdiction (this does not include the City of Salem, the City of Keizer or the Urban Growth Boundary)
- Homeless, as defined by the HCV Administrative Plan
- Participant in MC Health Department Addictions and Mental Health RAP
- Only one person per household may register. Households may only register once.
- If you applied for any previous Section 8 waitlist you must reapply.
- Applications will be selected to determine eligibility based upon date and time of application received online and any declared preferences. You must provide proof of the preference when required by MCHA. There is a 12-month residency requirement in Marion County’s jurisdiction upon leasing of the voucher.
- The application period will close early if the limit of 2,000 preference applications is received prior to March 19, 2015.
- The application form asks you to provide the name, date of birth, social security number, race and gender of all members of your household, as well as your household’s annual income, and employment information. Since it is not possible to save an unfinished application, it is best to have this material on-hand before beginning.
- The online portal will work with most smartphones. Computers are available in public libraries and other public offices.
Upon request, Marion County will provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities so they can participate in Marion County Housing Section 8 program by calling 503-798-4170 during normal business hours. Marion County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity housing provider.
|2645 Portland Rd NE, Suite 200Salem, OR 97301